Sunday, October 13, 2013

News!

About a year or so ago I went from a full time position at Landmark Park to part time. I did this so I would have more flexibility to take on freelance work, both in writing and in music. At some point, I was hired to do the Healthy You Inc. newsletter. Healthy You is a company that puts on workshops on healthy relationships, healthy marriages, teenage leadership, active parenting and reentry help for women getting out of prison. I have always been interested in prison reentry, and I have done the prison pen pal ministry through church for several years. Anyway, my boss for that particular project offered me a full time position at her company and I have decided to take it. My first day as Marketing/PR Coordinator for Healthy You, Inc. will be Nov. 4.

I am sad to leave the park. It has been a fun job and I have really enjoyed my coworkers and all the interesting and fun things I've had a chance to do over the last nearly 6 years. Of course there are a few things I won't miss (climbing into a hayloft and getting lightheaded when I looked out the window, working lots of nights and weekends, etc.) I am so excited to work with the program and am flattered that the director wanted me for the position. I have learned a lot over those years and I can't wait to implement what I've learned with this new company.

I'm hoping that I will still be able to work on some graphic design projects for the park even after I'm gone. Landmark Park has been a part of my life for pretty much my whole life. I grew up going there for camp and on field trips when I was a kid. When I moved back to Dothan I even lived at the Park for a little while in the security cabin. Nick proposed to me at the park, and we had our wedding reception at the Stokes Activity Barn.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment